CHEVY SOLID MOTOR MOUNTS

1982 Chevrolet Camaro

1982 Chevy Camaro V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic

trying to put in solid motor mounts into an 1982 camaro. The car originally had a v6 in it but now has a v8. For some reason the mounts dont line up so we were wondering if there needs to be any modifications anywhere to make them work
Wildcat71867

You'll probably have to change the mount on the crossmember as it had a V6 before. I really don't know why you would want solid mounts anyhow, you'll get a lot omore vibration sent through the car if you do. I think the camaro of that year had a 2.8 V-6 in it and a V-8 takes a completely different motor mount on the engine as well as the cross memeber.

Just wanted to let you know that this car is being set up as a drag car that is why we want to put in the solid motor mounts. We have also changed both sets of motor mounts but they still dont work right so that is why we were wondering if they had to be modified.

Wildcat71867
They should fit if you have the correct mountings on the crossmember. If they still don't fit then i'd modify the ones on the corssmember. Just make sure to use a protractor to get the angle right so the engine doesn't sit in there cockeyed.