ENGINE SWAP~ 93 SUBURBAN 350 5.7L INTO A 82

1982 Chevrolet Camaro

I have a 93 Suburban with the 5.7L 350 that runs like a top but trans went out. Also have an 82 Camaro with a 305 in the garage, motor is shot. How hard would it be to take the 350 out of the Suburban and put it into the Camaro? Also, what would need to be replaced ie: wire harness, oil pan, fuel pump, etc? Also, will the engine bolt directly to the trans on the Camaro? Level of difficulty? I have worked on cars alot, never done engine swap to this degree.
Jeryll

Is the camaro carb or fuel injected?

Roiy

I would think a stock 1982 camaro would have a carb. Another thing to consider would be most of the time truck engines are made for torque and car engines are made for horse power.

Worried about the crossfire system in 82

Ya the camaro is a carb. Not exactly sure what the crossfire system is. I have swapped engines before. But always the same engine. Never done different size engines in different vehicles. A friend says its not hard but I am worrired about the oil pan being too big. The fuel pump not big enough. The wiring harness and firing order. The intake. And the camaro is dual exhaust. Suburban is single exhaust. Lotta variables here. Thanks for the help. ; )

Jeryll
I thought the crossfires were only on the vettes?The 305 and 350 people swap all the time.