HUB WON'T LOCK

Chevrolet Blazer

I have a 2003 Blazer. When I push the button to shift to 4wd Hi. The light comes on and it looks like the Blazer is in 4WD but the front wheels do not lock in and turn. It appears the electronic portion is working properly because as I push the buttons it transfers from 2Hi to 4Hi and back when I push 2Hi. Should I look at a mechanism used to lock the hubs or are the hubs bad?
Owlsrkool3d

Check the locking hubs by rotating the brake or rotor slightly and turning the hub selector into the lock position.A click should be hear when the hub engages and the axle should now turn with the hub.
Next, with the still running, turn the selector to the free position.
If it does not work as it should, the hub assembly needs repair.

Mathiaso
I believe my hubs are automatic. I don't see a way to lock them on the wheels. I had an explorer in the past that had manual hub locks on the wheels but I don't see those on my chevy.

Owlsrkool3d
Sorry for not been carefull to your input.
Look into the connection between
The electric shift motor and the transfer case.
Or the problem is in the transfer case.
Had the system been scaned?

Mathiaso
Hi I would look to the vacuum actuator between the transfer case and the front axle. The older modle are underneith the battery. That could be cause the front axle not to engage.

Funck_master
Actually the switch on the front diff on that year is electronic, if the switch is working and you can hear the transfercase go into gear, it will most likely be the front differential locking switch, 12 bucks and easy to do

CHEVYII