CHEVY RE CHEVY WON'T START PA

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche

Computer problem
2004 Chevy Avalanche V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 155000 miles

In the last week I have been able to get the truck started only to have it fail again so I got to thinking when I get it starts it is always when it has been nice and sunny all though it's still cold and winter here
So today I thought I would try my hair dryer on the ignition and it started up. So when back out this afternoon and again no start so I warmed the ignition up again with my hair dryer. And it started agaian so I was thinking the problem lies in the ignition cylinder what do ya think
Tamileigh

When it doesnt start, leave the key in the run position and watch the theft light and see if it flashes continuously. If it does then your diagnosis is probably right on the money.

Mastertechtim
The passlock light does not flash at all and stays on continusiosly

Tamileigh
If it detects a valid key signal, the light will go out. You need to have it scanned with a tech 2 to check for security codes.

Dennyp