EBCM ASSOCIATED WITH DTC CO286

1928 Cadillac Escalade

I have an 02 Escalade that pulled up DTC C0286. The repair tech said that I should replace the EBCM. Where is it located on the vehicle? How do I reset the light once replaced? Are there any other solutions without replacing the EBCM?

Thank you,

Matt
Mbrane

That code refers to a specified amount of leakdown in the pressure of the ABS. If the proper diagnostics were followed, and the results point to a bad EBCM then go for it. The EBCM is located on the inner frame rail, left side. Usually a scanner is req'd to clear ABS codes

Jack42
Jack-

Can you give me a short tutuorial of how to replace the EBCM and possibly a diagram? I have conflicting information as to whether or not I have to bleed the brakes.

Thank you,

Matt

Mbrane
Try the repair manuals link at bottom of main forum page. Goes to Mitchell, you can read all you need and print info thay you want to keep.

Jack42