NOTICE: SERVICE SUSPENSION

2007 Cadillac Escalade

2007 Cadillac Escalade

Hi dear Sirs,
I have a Cadillac Escalade 2007.
On the display there is a notice that lightens saying: SERVICE SUSPENSION, What does it mean? Is it necessary to check the suspension system? How can the notice be removed?
Thank you very much for the help in advance!
Wish u a nice day!
Regards,
Anna
International

There is a fault within the suspension system. There are numerous possibilities of faults, it may need repaired or reprogrammed, there is no way of knowing until diagnosis, which almost certainly will require a scan tool. Your warranty will cover repairs, unless you are out by miles.

Factoryjack
Thank you so much!
You are always quick and competent! : -)

International
Dear Sir,
As for this signal I have I want to specify the following things: 1. To have this error displayed there must be obviously something wrong with the suspension, but could you please tell me what are the items I should pay attention too? Is it possible to have a list of the car parts, that can be damaged to get this mistake displayed? The problem is that I cant have my car diagnosed, I live in Belarus and here we dont have Cadillac Service Centres((((( That's why I only can count on you to help: )

2. Is there a way to get rid of this notification on my display? Can it be done by myself?

I highly appreciate your help!
Wish u a nice day!

International
Any GM outlet should be able to service your vehicle, at the least reading/clearing codes. Realistically, there may be no visual or mechanical failure that is causing this message to be displayed. I will give you some examples. First a description: Electronic Suspension Control Description and Operation
The electronic suspension control (ESC) is the bi-state system providing optimal suspension damping as road and driving conditions change. The system also allows the driver to select a tow/haul mode to enhance the ride when trailering or with a loaded vehicle.

The following are involved in the operation of the ESC system: • Electronic suspension control module (ESCM)--Controls and detects failures in the ESC system. The ESCM controls the damping force at all 4 shock absorbers individually for a soft or firm ride. It receives inputs from vehicle speed, steering wheel position, suspension position, and lift/dive status to determine the amount of damper control to the shocks electrical solenoid.

• Front/rear suspension position sensors--The ESC module provides a 5-volt reference and low reference to all 4 of the body-to-wheel suspension position sensors. The sensors send the ESCM a signal voltage that is relative to the suspension ride height used to determine the amount of damper control. The sensors valid range is 0.35-4.75 volts.

• Front/rear shock absorbers with an internal electrical solenoid--The ESCM controls 0-100 percent of the pulse width modulated (PWM) current to the solenoid adjusting the fluid orifice size within the shock. This increases or decreases the suspension damping force in both compression and rebound directions.

• Vehicle speed--The ESCM receives a serial data message for vehicle speed input, and is used to determine the amount of damper control.

• Steering wheel position--The ESCM receives a serial data message for steering wheel position input and uses this as an indication of the position and rotation of the steering wheel to determine the amount of damper control.

The ESCM monitors the inputs from the front/rear suspension position sensors, vehicle speed, and steering wheel position. The ESCM calculates the inputs to control the amount of PWM current to the solenoid within each shock. This adjusts the fluid orifice size to vary the soft to firm damping force in both compression and rebound direction for the current road and driving conditions.

When the ESCM detects a malfunction and sets a DTC. The system disables, and defaults with a fail-soft action, then sends a serial data message for the driver information center (DIC) to display service suspension system and speed limited to 80 mph warning messages.

The ESC system uses an ignition cycling diagnostic approach in order to reduce the occurrence of false or intermittent DTCs that do not affect the functionality of the ESC system. This allows the fail-soft actions to be taken whenever a malfunction condition is current, but requires the malfunction to be current for 3 consecutive ignition on cycles before the corresponding malfunction code and message will be stored or displayed.

Here is a Bulletin, but again, without a code it falls on a visual inspection of the shock, and it may not correct it.
#08-03-08-002C: Front Shock Absorber Noise, Leaks, Service Suspension Message Displayed on DIC, DTCs C0575 and/or C0580 Set (Replace Shock Absorbers and Coil Springs, If Necessary) - (Sep 4, 2008)

Subject: Front Shock Absorber Noise, Leaks, Service Suspension Message Displayed on DIC, DTCs C0575 and/or C0580 Set (Replace Shock Absorbers and Coil Springs, If Necessary)

Models: 2007 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche, Suburban, Tahoe

2007 GMC Yukon, Yukon Denali, Yukon XL, Yukon Denali XL

with Real Time Damping Suspension Package (RPO Z55)

This bulletin is being revised to update the Condition section and Parts Information. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 08-03-08-002B (Section 03 -- Suspension).

Condition
Some customers may comment that a Service Suspension message is displayed in the DIC. In addition, some customers may notice front shock hydraulic leaks and noise when driving over bumps or crests. Typically, a Service Suspension Message will be seen on the DIC with trouble codes of open or short circuit for the specific shock absorber.

• DTC C0575 01: Left Front Actuator Circuit Short to Battery

• DTC C0575 02: Left Front Actuator Circuit Short to Ground

• DTC C0575 04: Left Front Actuator Circuit Open

• DTC C0580 01: Right Front Actuator Circuit Short to Battery

• DTC C0580 02: Right Front Actuator Circuit Short to Ground

• DTC C0580 04: Right Front Actuator Circuit Open

Cause
Road events that cause excessive suspension rebound loads (full travel in extension) may cause deformation to the internal solenoid valve housing. This can result in premature loss of contact between the internal electrical terminals. Additional symptoms can be a loss of damping, shock noise or shock oil fluid leak.

In cases where a shock fluid leak is present, the leak may be aggravated by the side load imparted by the front coil spring to the shock sealing system.

Correction
Replace the front shock absorbers. The replacement shock absorbers have a higher strength solenoid valve housing.

Vehicles that exhibit a front shock fluid leak can benefit from the use of side load compensating coil springs. Where appropriate, for 2007 model year vehicles ONLY, spring replacement can be made at the same time when replacing the shock absorber. Refer to Shock Absorber and Spring Assembly Replacement in SI.

This is an example of a fault that would have no visual other than the message, it is an internal ecu failure.
DTC C0550
Diagnostic Instructions
• Perform the Diagnostic System Check - Vehicle prior to using this diagnostic procedure.

• Review Strategy Based Diagnosis for an overview of the diagnostic approach.

• Diagnostic Procedure Instructions provides an overview of each diagnostic category.

DTC Descriptor
DTC C0550: Electronic Control Unit (ECU) Performance

Circuit/System Description
The electronic suspension control module (ESCM) detects an internal malfunction.

Conditions for Running the DTC
The ignition is in the RUN position.

Conditions for Setting the DTC
An internal ESCM malfunction exists.

Action Taken When the DTC Sets
One or more of the following actions may occur: • The ESC system is disabled.

• The SERVICE SUSPENSION SYS and SPEED LIMITED message is displayed.

As well as this: DTC C0558
Diagnostic Instructions

DTC Descriptor
DTC C0558: Calibration Data Not Programmed

Circuit/System Description
The electronic suspension control (ESC) module performs checks of internal calibration data.

Conditions for Running the DTC
The ignition is ON.

Conditions for Setting the DTC
Module calibration data is not programmed.

Action Taken When the DTC Sets
• ESC is disabled.

• SERVICE SUSPENSION SYSTEM and SPEED LIMITED message is displayed in the driver information center

And this: DTC C0575, C0580, C0585, or C0590
Diagnostic Instructions

DTC Descriptors
DTC C0575 01: Left Front Actuator Circuit Short to Battery

DTC C0575 02: Left Front Actuator Circuit Short to Ground

DTC C0575 04: Left Front Actuator Circuit Open

DTC C0580 01: Right Front Actuator Circuit Short to Battery

DTC C0580 02: Right Front Actuator Circuit Short to Ground

DTC C0580 04: Right Front Actuator Circuit Open

DTC C0585 01: Left Rear Actuator Circuit Short to Battery

DTC C0585 02: Left Rear Actuator Circuit Short to Ground

DTC C0585 04: Left Rear Actuator Circuit Open

DTC C0590 01: Right Rear Actuator Circuit Short to Battery

DTC C0590 02: Right Rear Actuator Circuit Short to Ground

DTC C0590 04: Right Rear Actuator Circuit Open

Circuit/System Description
The electronic suspension control module (ESCM) commands the damper solenoid ON and OFF. When the solenoid is initially energized, the supply voltage is then pulse width modulated (PWM). The amount the solenoid is activated is based on inputs from the driver tow/haul switch, road inputs, position sensor inputs, and the powertrain control module (PCM). The ESCM continuously compares each dampers command state with the state of their feedback circuits to ensure they agree.

Conditions for Running the DTC
The ignition is in the RUN position for 30 seconds.

Conditions for Setting the DTC
C0575-C0590 01
• Upon detection of the damper solenoid or the circuits to the solenoid are shorted to voltage when at 0-91 percent PWM.

• Allow 30 seconds for redetection after clearing codes.

C0575-C0590 02
• Upon detection of the damper solenoid or the circuits to the solenoid are shorted to ground when at 5-100 percent PWM for 3 consecutive ignition RUN cycles.

• Cycle the dampers for 30 seconds after clearing codes.

C0575-C0590 04
• The damper solenoid or the circuits to the solenoid are open when at 0-91 percent PWM for 3 consecutive ignition RUN cycles.

• Command the damper to the OFF state for 30 seconds after clearing codes.

Action Taken When the DTC Sets
C0575-C0590 01
• The DTC is stored in memory.

• The driver information center (DIC) displays the SERVICE SUSPENSION SYSTEM and SPEED LIMITED message.

• All dampers are disabled.

C0575-C0590 02 and 04
• The suspect damper is disabled.

• The DIC displays the SERVICE SUSPENSION SYSTEM.

• If any combination of 2 damper acutators short to ground or open circuit failures are simultaneously present, SPEED LIMITED will also be displayed in the DIC.

These were just some examples of what I am trying to convey. You really need a diagnostic code, if at all possible, it will point us in a direction, and avoid frustration and unnecessary part replacement. Upon further investigation, an automatic level control system fault can also display the message. You can check to see if the compressor comes on when loaded with some weight, or that the bladders on the rear shocks have some firmness to them, that should be the case at any time, they should not be flat. A fault in this system could be the case, since you are not getting a speed limited message as well, or at least you have not mentioned one.

Factoryjack
Thank you very much!
I try to find a GM center to have my car scanned.
Thanks again for your help!
Wish u a great day!

International