SERVICE RIDE CONTROL

2004 Cadillac Escalade

Computer problem
2004 Cadillac Escalade V8 All Wheel Drive Automatic 98000 miles

My 2004 Caddillac Escalade has the service Ride Control message that keeps appearing. I hear that there may be some connection with the fact that I just recently put brand new tires on it.

What does Service Ride control mean and how do I fix it? Is it a serious problem or something I could continue with?
Tmoore5385

OK there is no reset for the light. What you need to do is call around to you local parts store and find one that does a free scan and scan it. Write down the codes and then clear them. Get back to me with the codes and we will see what set the light off.

Racefan966
I went to two parts store's and both attempted to retrieve the codes through the service port under the dash. Neither of their instruments could read anything through that service control module or whatever it is called. They figured that I had a fuse that was out to that module but I checked every fuse in the fuse block and they were all good. Is there something special about that diagnostics port on this escalade or is it common not to be able to get any information from it? Any recommendations on how to retrieve the codes otherwise?

Tmoore5385
Does the scan tool that is trying to retrieve codes even power up? The connector is powered by the cigar lighter fuse(15a), and the lighter is a magnet for coins, gum wrappers, ear rings, etc, all of which blow fuses. It is in the underhood fuse panel.

Factoryjack
Ok I finally got the code. Here it is.

C0660
Level control exhaust valve circuit malfunction

Tmoore5385
My check engine light came on last month and no where could read a code. There was a dime on my power port or cigerette lighter which blew the fuse. So then we read it and there was nothing wrong with it after that and the check engine light went off. Now my dic says SERVICE RIDE CONTROL. The manuel said there's a suspension malfunction if that displays. I did hit a curb earlier but not THAT hard! What could it be! Im scared. Maybe the air ride? Mine is an 04 with 95,000 miles and 2wd. Have you figured out whats wrong with yours?

Pottel69
Mine ended up needing a new Auto Ride Compressor. Apparently there was water that got in and started to rust. I pull a boat once in a while with my Escalade and that may have been the contributiong factor. They removed the Auto Ride compressor and tested the exhaust valve and found an open circuit in the valve.

The Replaced Kit was an Auto Ride compressor PN 15254590. The Diagnostic code was C066.

I would go to a mechanic you trust and have them pull the diagnostic code to see what that code is. Not an Autozone or the like becasue all they can do as I understand it is read the codes that are generated from the " check Engine". My check engine light never came on, just the digital display that said service ride control

The bad news: $498 for the kit
$144 Labor

Tmoore5385
My 2003 Cadillac Escalade has the service Ride Control message that keeps appearing, and yesterday the Stability SYS Disabled and the Service Brake System message appeared. I took it to the mechanic, and only the C0660 code was diagnosed.

Can the Auto Ride Compressor be the cause of all the messages? The mechanic also said something about the cushions, but I changed them almost a year ago.

JorgeC