CRANKING PROBLEMS.....

1997 Cadillac Deville

1997 Cadillac Deville V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 89000 miles

I am having a mid-life cadillac owner crisis, I have a 1997 Cadillac Deville every morning when o attempt to start the car it will turn over but it will not crank. After about two or three minutes of attempting to crank the car it will finally fire up and through out the day it will crank with no problems. I have had the battery replaced, I tested the spark plugs by removing the (spark plug) wires while the car is cranked and the engine becomes sluggish. That let me know that spark plugs are fine, also I have disconnected the negative post from the battery while the car was runni. Ng and it kept running with out anything happening letting my know that alternator is running fine. I have reset the OBD-II Trouble Codes in order to get some codes but none ever came back.
H8spamsomuch

Sounds more like a fuel pressure problem. First, PLEASE dont remove the neg cable while the car is running anymore. The computers really dont like it, and your car has alot more computers than the average vehicle. If you remove the engine cover you will see a round vacuum pot mounted on the fuel rail, with a vacuum line to the intake up by the throttle body. Look for fuel in that vacuum line, if there is any at all, the fuel pressure regulator is blown and bleeding off all of the fuel pressure overnight. When you go to start it cold next time, turn key on but dont crank it over, then turn key off, then on, then off, then try to start it. This will build up fuel pressure and it should start fairly quick

Jack42