DTS WONT TURN OVER

2000 Cadillac Deville

2000 Cadillac Deville V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 130, 00 miles

Ok guys, I have a 2000 cadi DTS. I put it away for the winter in october. If the car sits for a week or so the battery will die out. I think it is because the 2way aftermarket alarm draws it down. NO PROBLEM.

I own my own repair shop so I can ahndle a dead battery.

The other day I put the batery charger on it for about 4 hours to start it up like I do here and there.

PROBLEM

All the electrical everything is powering very nice, I know the battery is very well charged. BUT when I turn the key I get no cranking over at all. I checked fuses, wiggled wires, checked batt. Connections, I also tried turning the belt pullys to see if the starter was stuck in. Im aware on the northstar engine that the starter is in the intake man. But Im not sure if thats my issue. Im not sure if this is a antitheft, electrical, or starter problem. A

Im hoping somebody had the same problem?

A year ago when I bought the car, the batt. Died once. I had the same problem. That time I just turned the pullys with my hand hoping th starter was stuck and wiggled wires here and there. She fired right up and never had that problem untill now.

ANY HELP APPRECIATED
Jabear21

Does it just click click click etc, what kinda charge did you put on it, a boost charge or a trickle charge? Does it run when jumped?

Buzzsaw
I put my napa batery charger on it for a couple hours straight charging at 12v/40 amp. It doesnt click at all like the battery is dead. The battery is also fairly new. When you turn the key on everything has strong power like normal. The starter just doesnt even attempt to move.

Is it possible that trying to start it the previous time with a half dead battery killed a fusable link or inline fuse?

Jabear21
I figured it out guys.

ALL I had to do was disconnect the battery for a min or so. It reset the alarm system.

I manually cranked the starter by puting power to the relay and it fired up but the security light came on and killed it. So I reset the alarm by unhooking the batt.

Jabear21
Pull the codes, off and down on the mode button, with the key in the on position, write them down and post them, sounds like an alarm problem. Why do you have 2 alarms on there?

Buzzsaw
Its fine now, all I had to do was disconnect the battery.
Thank you

Jabear21