ANIT THEFT SYSTEM, KEY WONT RELEASE

2005 Cadillac CTS

2005 Cadillac CTS 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 70000 miles

i own a 2005 cadallic cts and im having these problems. The car will start but the engine tempature gauge and gas gauge do not work. Also when you try to turn the key off it will not relese it. The theft deturrent light will not turn off and the traction control light will NOT turn off. This question has been asked multiple times and not answered. If u do not know please say you dont know.

thank you for your time.
Caddyman122

It is possible that the temp gauge and fuel gauge are not related, no way of knowing until a gauge sweep test can be performed with a scan tool. When the vehicle is started, I assume the traction control light and theft light go out? When the key is turned to off as far as it will go, can the transmission be shifted out of park still?

Factoryjack
Remove the ecm Fuse. Its located in the fuse box under the hood. Should reset your system and be back to normal.

Dja79
More possibles. Bad battery, or low charge; will cause this problem, check first. Or bad ECM; pray its not that.

Dja79
Finally what is the problem? I have the same problem with my cadillac.

Debbpimp