CRUISE CONTROL ON / OFF SWITCH

2002 Buick Lesabre

I have a 2002 Buick LeSabre and it has the 3800 V-6 engine with 63,800 miles. The steering wheel has the radio functions on it and the cruise On / Off switch is also on the steering wheel ( bottom Left).

When I push the button to turn on the cruise it will only blink. When I press the same button and the set button at the same time I can see next to the speedometer it lights up the cruise light. Once I release, the small led on the on/off switch goes out and so does the one next to the speedometer. Not sure if there is a short in the steering wheel of if I need to look under the hood at the cruise control module. Either way I still do not know how to fix it.

My second question is when running the A/C on the drivers side of the car the 2 vents that are on each side of the steering wheel do not get as cold as the 2 vents that are on the passengers side. I believe the damper is not opening all the way up. Not sure if this is a vacuum problem or how to fix or trouble shoot this problem.

Any Help is Appreciated
Moe McKay

I have a 2001 LeSabre with a very similar issue. Although it is not exactly as you describe it is close enough that I expect the solution will fix both of the problems. I have asked the 2Car Pros and made the requested small donation. Let’s see what that yields.

541 598-7479
w0glt

W0glt