HARD SHIFT

2000 Buick Lesabre

2000 Buick Lesabre 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 138000 kms

I have a 2000 Buick LeSabre Custom, when the car is cold, the transmission shifts absoulty flawlessley, you can't even feel it. After it warms up though, it clunks horribly in and out of gear, it's not slipping or anything, just shift in an out of gear harshly. We got the car not too long ago, and it only has 138 000 Kilometers on it, and we had a full transmission service done. The mechanic said it's no big deal, he said at least you know it's shifting. Does anybody else have this problem, or know how to fix it. Thank-you
Impala_Boi

Have it checked for codes. You will most likely find a P1811. This is for max trans adapt pressure. This could be caused from one of several, or multiple transmission problems. The most common repair I perform to cure this is to overhaul the trans and install a new input clutch piston, 4th clutch shaft, PC solenoid, and a pressure switch.

Dennyp