TRANSMISSION SHIFTS REALLY HARD SOMETIME

1998 Buick Lesabre

1998 Buick Lesabre 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 124000 miles

I purchased this car about a year ago with 106000 miles on it. I serviced and installed new wires and plugs. I knew nothing of pevious service and was afaid to service transmission at that time. It now has 124000 miles on it. It has started shifting really hard in situations like road trip and transmission downsifts. It shifts real hard then converter locks up really aggressive also. A friend of mine told me there is a selonoid in side cover that may be causing it. Also would you reccommend changing the filter and fluid at this time? It may be 1/2 quart over full but doesn't smell burnt. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
1967novss

Hi
To find out need trans scanned checking on solenoid operation and pressure tests on line and governor. At 124K if fluid and filter never changed could not hurt allthough fluid may look good it degrades and looses hydraulic properties.
Hope this helps
Thanks for donate

Docfixit
I had ecm scanned it showed tcc stuck on

tcc commanded off by ecm tcc slip detected after off command

problem cause tcc soleniod failure
open or short circuit condition
blocked passage in transmissioncheck transmission range switch for proper operation

unable to give any pressures with their scanner

I am going to change the filter and fluid will let you know how it looks in pan

Thanks for the information Robert

guy at auto zone seems to think there is more than 1 solinoid under vertical pan cover.

1967novss
There are a 1-2 shift , 3-4 shift, control solenoid and the TCC see diagram

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/198357_Graphic_284.jpg

Docfixit
Can you tell me what transmission this has in it to assure proper ttc solenoid thanks Robert

1967novss
4T65-E

Docfixit