CRUISE CONTROL

1992 Buick Lesabre

1992 Buick Lesabre 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 124, 00 miles

Hi, My Buick cruise control box is making a whinning noise. Sometimes loud.I put my hand on it while engine is running to feel the vibration.I never use the cruise but turning it on or off does not affect the rough whinning. The box I am talking about is the square black box attached to the cruise control unit. I unplugged it, remove vac hoses etc but no change to the noise. Can I just disconnect it somehow and make it non functional? Thanks
Toplessbird

That is the cruise control module (CCM) and yes you could remove it if you don't wish to use the cruise system. Just disconnect battery then remove the left sound insulator under the left side of instrument panel. Disconnect the CCM electrical connector. Pry both locking tabs and pull down on the CCM to remove it. Or just disconnect the connector and leave the CCM in place, your choice.

Bluelightnin6