87 TOWN CAR HEAT ISSUE

1987 All Other Makes All Other Models

I just acquired an 87 town car that has been sitting for six years. I got everything running fine except the heat. I replaced the heater control valve, the thermostat, and flushed the system. The line going in and out of the heater core are both hot but I am still not getting any heat. I get a few seconds of heat when I go up a hill and get on the engine hard. Also the auto climate control shuts off when I change the temp. To hot. The final issue is that the location where the is blowing sometimes automatically changes to the defroster. Does anybody have any ideas.
Motorider24

I would be suspicious of The thermal limiter switch. An overheat can kill the switch. Unless you know the past history. I sent a diagram that may help.

The Schematic really helped Thanks. The problem was the automatic climate control sensor.

Motorider24