S3 LIGHT BLINKING

Acura Integra

HELLO I have a 1990 acura integra 2door coupe automatic with 110,000miles. My main problem I`m having is when I go and start my car and the s3 light started to blink the car won`t start or sometimes it will start but runs bad. But when I keep on starting it again and again and the s3 light won`t blink the car runs perfect with no hesitation or any problem. But most of all I get the s3 lights that blink. I have change the whole assembly of the distributor cap, but seems not to help so can you help me please.
LUCKYPHY

When you get it started and it is running rough, do you get a check engine light to come on?

Bruce Hunt
HI Bruce Hunt,
No there is no check engine when its running rough. When the car is running rough that`s when the s3 light blinking, but I don`t get that often maybe 50 tries and I get it once. When it`s running rough the don`t wanted to move is like lacking of power.

LUCKYPHY
Hi,

I just recently purchased a 1993 Acura Integra LS Automatic 1.8LITER. I have the same problem with my Integra except my car doesn't run bad when the light blinks. Every time I start the car and drive it, I noticed that the S3 light blinks constatly. Also, the car doesn't shift into 4th gear. It stays stuck in 3rd gear. Although it will down shift, it just won't shift any higher than 3rd. I tried pressing the overdrive S4 button on the stick shift, but that doesn't seem to work. Is there any suggestions? Please help.
Thanks,
Andrew

Andrewgarcia_12
You need to have it scanned
The S3 blinking indicate trouble codes in the TCM
Most common is lock up control solenoid

Good lock

BMRFIXIT
Thanks. I will try to get it scanned. One more question. Is it expensive to get this fixed if it is a control solenoid?

Andrewgarcia_12
Ez job parts so so may be $200

BMRFIXIT