SHAKING/VIBRATION UNDER ACCEL

1992 Acura Integra

Shakes or Wobbles problem
1992 Acura Integra 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 166000 miles

My Acura Integra shakes while under anything but the slightest of acceleration. No problems when not moving. The entire front of the car, including the steering wheel shakes.

Also, while at 55-70 mph the car shakes, feels almost the same only not as steady. The high speed shaking has been there for a little while. The acceleration shaking started later and has gotten much worse recently.
G2tegracer

Hi g2tegracer,

Symptoms described seems to indicate a drive train fault. Check the CV inner joints for excessive side play due to worn joints.

Just throwing my 2 cents in, but chances are the guy above me has a better idea of what's going on--but I have had a similar issue.

When I first had my rims and tires installed they desperately needed to be aligned and balanced and would vibrate all over, pull the car to one side, and it generally made it uncomfortable. I also recently had a broken half-axle and my rotors replaced, and a the vibrating/shaking that once plagued my car at higher speeds immediately went away. If what he said doesn't end up being the issue, you might want to check into the rotors being warped or one of your axles being damaged; although I don't know if the shaking we're describing is the same type. I know mine would shake without the steering actually being affected and went away after being repaired; is there any freeplay in the steering wheel?

Wgrace07
Ah, wait, he did say drive train--I guess we're talking about the same thing then. Pop your head under the front end of the car and see if the boot around the axle(s) is all messed up--that was the case with mine.

Wgrace07