ABS, TRAC CONTROL,SERVICE VEHICLE LIGHTS

2003 Oldsmobile Alero • 33,000 miles

So I posted about this issue. I brought car to mechanic they changed both front hub assemblies. When I picked up car the noise was gone but within a few miles all 3 lights came back on! And the abs started making a random humming noise periodically. I dropped the car off again this morning and they said they tried a "different" kind of bearings? Being It cost my almost $500. Would like to know thoughts on this. Am I getting the run around. I've dont my own research and came up with possible wiring harness assembly? Here is my original post

I recently changed the brake pads on my wifes 2003 Alero. Easiest I've ever done! However after this the TRAC OFF, ABS, and SERVICE VEHICLE SOON lights are coming on (not always immediately) also the car is making a humming noise, airplane like I guess. It stops when I turn right. I was thinking wheel bearing, so I jacked car up checked for play (none) took everything apart again but still humming. I don't see how pad slapping it could contribute to this but find the timing off it odd. Also I just put the lug nuts on the wheel barely then set car down to tighten so wheel wouldn't spin. Could that be problem? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated before I go to a mechanic and have to buy through problem after problem. Can't really afford that with first child in the way. But need car safe for same reason.
Thank you
Adam C
AdamClev

What does "everything" mean in "took everything apart again". At any time did you loosen the large axle nut? That has a very high torque spec. And it's critical. Also, the wheel bearing must never have any weight on it when that nut is loose. Doing so will instantly make it noisy. There won't be any looseness you can feel.

Since the yellow ABS light turned on there will be a diagnostic fault code in that computer. Your mechanic will have a scanner that can access that computer to read the code. That will get you to the circuit or system that needs further diagnosis.

Thank you very muc for tour response. No no I didn't touch the big hub bolt by everything I meant just the brake stuff just figuring maybe I did something stupid when I did the pads. The wife picked the car up today and lights are off on dash. Only driven the car maybe 30 miles so we will see how it goes. And she didn't find anything out except that they changed the "whole unit again". Ill take it to work over the weekend and hopefully all goes good and I can call them Monday to see exactly what they did. I'm not even sure they hooked up the computer. I would hope so but if they did the job a week ago and had to do it again today.

AdamClev
GM has been having a huge issue with their front wheel bearings on their front-wheel-drive cars for quite a while. The ABS wheel speed sensors develop rather wimpy signals to start with, then a little normal play develops in the bearings and that reduces the strength of the signals enough for them to drop out and not be seen by the computer. That can happen in as little as 15,000 miles. (The old bearings will work fine on non-ABS cars). The aftermarket industry often does a real good job of addressing common manufacturer-related parts problems. Some independent repair shops prefer to use original parts from the dealers but in this case the problem is well-known enough that your mechanic may have decided to try a bearing from a different supplier. Hope the problem is solved.