KIA RIO NOISE PROBLEM

2012 Kia Rio • 1,900 miles

My new kia Rio EX 1.4 petrol hatch. Is making an annoying ticking noise from engine when I start from cold and goes when engine is heated up. Is this normal noise for Kia Rio 2012
Gortgreine

Abnormal noises should not be normal for any vehicle. Being a new vehicle, bring it to the attention of the dealer.

The noise is most probably from the valve lifters.

Hi, thank you for your advice, I also think it is the lifters or timing chain tension er. Going into dealers again tomorrow for the second time. Hope they dont say its normal for them cars.
Will post update:

Gortgreine
You're welcome. Good luck

Had my motor in for three days, don't know what is wrong with it, (which is rubbish) So now I have to go down the line of contacting kia with all doc, to see what happens, what a fantastic warranty

Gortgreine
Intermittent noise problems are at times difficult to diagnose and if it is a technical problem, most probably their technical service department should have the necessary information to resolve the problem.

Too bad you have to go through this after buying a new car.

Letter from the dealers about annoying ticking noise: We at Cockram Kia have inspected your Kia Rio for the ticking noise after cold engine start up and after testing several similar Kia vehicles of the same model variant find that this is a characteristic within this model variant rather than a individual vehicle fault.

We are satisfied that no mechanical fault exists with your Kia vehicle and we consider the condition complained of as a characteristic of the model variant.

Your vehicle is covered by a 5 year/ 100km warranty and we will stand by the product should any engine failure occur [provided all maintenance requirements have been completed as outline by the manufacture].

Any problems please feel free to contact me

Gortgreine
Now that they have given you a written acknowledgement of the problem, apart from the discomfort/annoyance, there is nothing you need to worry about.

If anything goes wrong, you have something to fall back on.

Happy motoring.