UNDERSTANDING ENGINE QUALITY

2011 Ford Edge • 20,800 miles

I am purchasing a second hand Ford Edge, 2011 model. I asked for an engine test to be done at the dealership and the results came back with a Mean Cranking RPM of 233. Is that ok?

There is also a Relative compression chart showing all the cylinders at 0%

I'd really your advice on whether this seems to be a good buy or not. I need to make a decision by the end of the day.

Thanks and Regards,
Jkls

Jkls

Which engine do you have?

I read the hand written part that shows the actual compression readings of each cylinder. There all pretty equal around 160psi. As long as they changed the oil when they were supposed I would say the engine is in good shape. Did you have them look the car over besides the compression test?

It's a SE model, 3.5L V6, 24 valves, 285 hp

The car received two services at the ford dealership. At 10,000km and 20,000km

Jkls
So the oil changes have been done every 10,000 km?Did the ford dealer just do a compression test?They didnt look the car over for crash damage inspect tires etc?

I don't know how often the oil change was done. I just know that the car was fully serviced every 10000km. So a full inspection was done recently. There was only one dent from parking and it was fixed and painted at the ford dealer. A sensor on one of the doors was also changed so I'm pretty happy that a full inspection was done. : -)

Jkls
If everything was inspected and got a clean bill of health then if thats the car you want for the price you want then go for it.