WHY DOES MY STALL INTERMINTANTLY UPON STARTING?

2009 Kia Rio • 52,000 miles

I drive a 2009 Kia Rio. It's standard transmission. For about 2.5 years I have been dealing with an intermittent starting problem. The car will start and then die and stall. Sometimes I cannot get it to kick over for about 10 minutes. I've had the immobilizer and the fuel pump replaced under warranty. To prevent this from happening (and it usually works) I will and/or pump the gas pedal before I start the car, when the car is about to turn over I will flood the gas pedal and get the rpm's up around 5000 so as to prevent the car from stalling. I'm a college student that bought this car brand new and am at my wits end. I can't afford time or stress on this. PLEASE help!
Lia04

Have it scanned for codes and check the fuel pressure. Both can be done for free. Many part stores will loan or rent tools such as these.

Rivermikerat