FUEL INJECTOR

2009 Hyundai Accent • 4 cylinder 2WD Manual •

How to remove the fuel injector of a Hyundai Accent CRDi 1.5L engine?
Vicman

Curious to why you need to the injector. You will need to remove the complete fuelrail by removing the two 10mm nuts from the fuel line*be carefull. The fuel rail will have pressure inside and could possibly spray out. What I like to do is pull the fuel pump relay out of underhood relay. Box then start vehicle and let the motor run untill it stalls out. This will use up any remaining fuel in rail. Now remove 2 nuts from rail then remove bolts holding rail to cylinder head. Then remove the rail then remove the. Retainer clip on the injector and pull injector from rail

I want to replace the timing chain of my 2009 Hyundai Accent CRDi Turbodiesel engine which requires that the valve cover be removed. To remove the valve cover, the fuel injectors have to be removed as these are located on top of the valve cover.

Vicman
Oh im sorry I didnt realize it was a deisel.

Our database does not have any information on your vehicle so I don't know the actual design of the engine.

If you are able to upload some pictures of the injectors and how they are mounted, we might be able to assist you.

The age of the vehicle is still rather new, what is the reason for replacing the timing chain?

There's too much slack on the timing chain even if the tensioner has fully extended. The chain must have been worn out, causing a little noise when the engine is running.

Vicman
You did not state the mileage so I do not know if it is due to wear of high mileage. If not, you might have a lubrication problem causing premature wear.