CLICK SOUND

2009 Ford Escape • 68,000 miles

I have a hybrid car, when I am parking and I switch on car, the RPM pointer will be first go to 1 RPM to charge the battery then goes down to green area of RPM(electric mode) the queastion is when I sudden do push on gass a little bit the RPM goes few seconds to 1 RPM and raise above 1 RPM one second then it produce a small click from engine (i noticed it in tensiner pulley btween the two rings) then return to green area. Is this click normal?This thing is not happen always and it happen also when iaccelerate when iam driving the car. Please help and thanks for your patience

Bebobebo

When the engine turns on, it tensions up the belt for a short period to get things going. It should not make the noise but if something in the belt driven area is failing, it may give these results.

You need someone to hear this with you to help determine if this is normal or a warning of a failure.

Thanx for answer, I want to add that the same click is also appeared from same place (the two rings of tensioner belt)when I turn on the AC unit. Wat is your advice please

Bebobebo
Same as before. Let someone hear it for you.

You do not need to keep posting over and over. Once is enough.