PARASTIC DRAW TEST PROBLEM

2008 Ford Focus • 96,000 miles

2008 ford focus parasitic draw test finds.2 amps on shift interlock circuit. What could be the problem?
Whitecloud20xx

How did you perform this test and how long did you wait after connecting the equipment?

With a multimeter and hour after the car was parked.

Whitecloud20xx
Unplugged fuse number went down.006 amps

Whitecloud20xx
I know it is on that circuit the only thing I am wondering is what could be the problem I am thinking the Ignition Starter Switch.

Whitecloud20xx
It sounds like you did it right but if you care to double check yourself
Try pulling up on the brake pedal to see if the drain goes down. If it does, check the adjustment of the brake light switch. You can also unplug it.

Tried the brake light switch didn't change anything.

Whitecloud20xx
You posted "unplugged fuse number went down.006 amps".

Do you mean it went down that little or it went down TO.006 amps? If it went down to that amount, you'll have to follow that circuit to where it splits to different things, then unplug them one at a time. I can't get any of my Ford service manual DVDs to work and I have never been able to get onto their web site, (boy I sure miss paper books!), So even if you listed the fuse number, I don't have access to a wiring diagram. If you don't have a service manual, I'll try to figure something else out.

It went down to.006 amps From I can figure the only way it can get power is if the part of the ignition start switch that sends it power is shorting and sending it power.

Whitecloud20xx
The shift interlock is controlled by the "Smart Junction Box" which is a fuse box with a lot of incorporated relays and modules that are not serviceable individually. They have a lot of problems with these boxes, some because of them getting wet and others are just failures. It's very difficult to diagnose positively also.

Wrenchtech