BRAKE PEDAL PULSATION?

2007 Toyota Corolla • 4 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 60,000 miles

Hi, I have just purchased an used 2007 corolla. The thing is, when I was test driving the car, the car seemed normal. So I paid all the money for the car. However, when I was driving it back from the freeway at above 60 mph, I can feel that the brake vibrates when I try to step on the brake. I tried going slower than 60 mph, that vibration would be gone. I am just wondering is this brake pedal pulsation or is there something else that is wrong with my car?
Sorry, I am really sad because I purchased it from a private owner. I can't even get him back for this.
Mnyeung

This is a common problem that can happen to any car. The front brake rotors need to be machined because there is some minor warpage on one or both of them. If they are worn down to near their legal minimum thickness, they will have to be replaced, but most small car rotors are not very expensive.

This can even happen from rust buildup on cars that have been sitting for a while. Sometimes the rust will wear off and the pulsation will go away. This isn't a serious problem so don't be angry with the person you bought the car from. They might not even know about the problem.

Great. Thank you for the explanation. I guess I just have one more question: how come the brake pedal only vibrates (pulsate) at high speed but not at low speed?

Mnyeung