PWR STR ERROR

2007 Saturn Ion • Automatic •

I drive a 2007 saturn ion and this has been happening on and off for quite some time.
every once in a while my car will display "PWR STR" and my power steering will go out even though there is fluid and is working prior. But when I turn off then restart the car the issue will go away USUALLY. But now recently my battery died yesterday and when I got the car started "PWR STR" issue once more and now will not shut off and is ver trying to turn car. Help?
Strakegrp

I dont know where you checked for power steering fluid but your car has electric steering there is a motor on the steering column to give you power steering. Since you changed the battery or jumped the battery and now your power steering is totally inop I bet you blew a power steering fuse. Look in your under hood fuse box you will see some square fuses with a clear window on top check all the fuses you will be able to tell if there blown by looking thru the clear window compare them to each other. The intermintant no power steering is another issue that you will have to have your Power steering control module cleared for codes and then recheck it for codes after you loose power steering. That is if you blew a power steering that code set codes falsely.

Hi, did you not get a recall letter from GM? I got one, juste got to the dealer.

Gybruss
Strakegrp, all fixed?

Rivermikerat