THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT IS ON IN MY INDICATING CAM SENSOR

2007 Kia Spectra • 100,000 miles

After being hooked up to the computer it says the CAM Sensor needs to be replaced; we had the sensor, timing belt, water pump, all the belts and hoses, and spark plugs replaced. The check engine light is still on and when hooked up to the computer it is still indicating the CAM sensor is faulty.
Likis21

What was the exact trouble codes retrieved? Was the wiring for the cam sensor checked?

Yes the wiring was checked and it was fine. We are not sure of the trouble code, but we think it might be 143. When it was checked it came up as CAM sensor and the number was behind it.

Likis21
A code number never identifies a bad part, just a failed system. I would stop throwing parts at it and get it checked by a shop for the exact failure. Guessing is expensive and most of the time wrong.

We actually did end up taking it to a KIA dealership. They told us the problem is a roll pin that lines up sprocket is bent. Causing it to be a half tooth out of time. Throwing cam sensor code. Thank you for all the help u provided, it was greatly appreciated.

Likis21
Good luck

Thank you

Likis21
I see on identifix that this is a common issue. Hope it works out for you.