SPARK PLUG CHANGE ON

2007 Ford F-150 • V8 2WD Automatic •

I was wondering if there is anything special I should do or be aware of before I change the spark plugs on my 2007 Ford F-150 (5.4L/V8)/
JohnnyGQ

Just be very careful removing them. This engine has a history of spark plugs breaking off in the cylinders. They also have a history of spark plugs coming loose and destroying the threads so make sure they are torqued properly.

Wrenchtech
Be aware that this is no easy task on this engine. The flat rate to do it is about 3 hours and it's no picnic. Be sure not to drop any of the screws that hold the coils in.

Wrenchtech
There is a lot of method to this some say do this with a cold engine, other say warmed engine, (if this is the Triton engine) If you have the tool to remove a broken sparkplug from the cylinder head you can choose any way you want to do it warm or cold. Experience say do it warm and have a can of carborator cleaner or WD40. And do one bank at a time. Loosen out the sparkplug add the carbutator cleaner or WD40 and let it soak as you loosen out the next. Do this till you complete one side of the bank by this time you can start the engine let it warm up and do the next side. Make doing this a picnic

Randico