FORD EXPLORER FUEL PUMP PROBLEM

2007 Ford Explorer • 72,000 miles

2007 FORD EXPLORER. RECENTLY, ONLY ON HIGHWAY, TRUCK "BUCKING" SENSATION. MOSTLY ON ACCELERATION.
TOOK TO MECHANIC, NO CODE CAME UP, NO ENGINE LIGHT ON. ANY IDEAS?
MKEELEY

Have you checked fuel pump pressure?

Actually, I am a woman that doesnt know one thing about cars. BUT. This has been my truck for almost 6 years. I know when its now running correctlyl At low speeds, fine. Getting on highway, or changing speeds on highway truck hesiates, jerks, bucks. I dont know if mechanic tried the fuel pump pressure. If there was an issue with the fuel pump, would a code come up? No engine light, or code came up when he plugged into computer.

MKEELEY
The fuel pump itself won't set a code. If it causes it to misfire for an extended period of time, the misfire will set a code. See if he checked fuel pressure.

OH. Ok great. That makes total sense! If fuel pressure is the issue, that that indicated a bad fuel pump? Or a more serious issue.

MKEELEY
Usually it is either a plugged fuel filter or the pump itself

THANK YOU THANK YOU. I will have him check that. Have a good day.

MKEELEY
WELL.............

YOUR MECHANIC IS A BUSY FELLER!

GOTTA HELP HIM ALL YOU CAN, IT'S YOUR RIG, SO YOU GOTTA BE ON TOP OF IT!

ASK Jacobandnickolas........CJ MEDEVACS MOTTO IS:

"NOBODY CARES ABOUT MY BABIES....LIKE I DO!"

EVEN THOUGH YOU SAY YOU ARE A GAL.......THIS WILL STILL HELP YOU....NOW, AND IN THE FUTURE AND FOR MIGHT NEAR ANY VEHICLE!

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2007-ford-taurus-tune-up

IF I'M LYIN'....I'M DYIN'!

NOT ONLY WILL THIS TELL YOU WHAT AND WHEN STUFF NEEDS A-DOIN'.....IT'LL SHOW YOU HOW........SOME OF THIS STUFF IS EZ TO DO!!!!.........MY DAUGHTER, AT 10 YEARS OLD (AND BEFORE) HELPED ME MAINTAIN BOTH OF MY JEEPS.....NOW AT 25, SHE STILL DOES WHEN I CAN PIN HER DOWN!

SHE LAYS CLAIM TO "WILLY" (MY 1946 WILLYS JEEP)----AS SHE STARTED HELPING RESTORE HIM AT AGE 3---LEARNED HOW TO 100% DRIVE HIM (4X4 AND ALL) AT AGE 10......SINCE HER BIRTH DATE IS NOW THE HOOD NUMBER, SURELY HE MUST BE HER'S???

THIS IS, FOR SURE, A GOOD INVESTMENT.....NOT ONLY COULD AID YOU GREATLY, ....IT CAN HELP YOUR MECHANIC BE "MORE PERSONAL" WITH YOUR VEHICLE (AS ALL CARS HAVE DIFFERENCES, AND MAY NOT BE "RUN OF THE MILL").......IF KEPT IN YOUR VEHICLE, MAY AID YOU OR THE GOOD SAMARITAN IF YOU SHOULD STRANDED.