HELP

2006 Saturn Ion

06 saturn ion 2. Replace the starter and ignition switch, but car still doesn't turn over and fuel pump isn't humming. What to do next? Also reset passlock, that should be fine
Kylekueber

Start with basics.

Do you have power at the starter? Is the little wire hot in the start position?

Re set the passlock? How did you do this?

Just to add to this one how did you relearn the pass lock?Also is the security light on solid or flashing?If it is then that's where we need to start by getting the pass lock learned. Or find out why the light is on.

I have power to the starter. With a little help we were able to jump the starter and it turned over nicely. As for the passlock: after I installed the new ignition switch it tried to start the car, then left it in the on position until the icon went out on the dash. I then shut it of for 30 sec, then repeated the procedure until the icon did not show up in the on position. That is where i'm at now, with still no power to the fuel pump. I also have coolant/ pwr steering flashing on the dash.

Kylekueber
You said you have power to the starter by jumping the starter with a hot wire?Also is the security light on solid or flashing?Is the coolant low?

The starter is good. The security light is no longer on when the ignition in is the "on" position. Coolant is good. When I turn the key all I hear is the ignition switch clicking, nothing else.

Kylekueber
So when you turn the key to the start position there is no power to the purple wire at the starter?

Right. No power to the starter or the fuel pump. Both of those fuses look good. This is my nieces car, recently spoke to her and what she claims is that the car completely shut down while she was driving.

Kylekueber
Have you checked for codes in the computer yet?Also just because you can't hear the fuel pump doesn't mean the pump. Isn't working.

Found error code U0100 Lost Comm. With ECM/PCM Module A.

Kylekueber
The next thing I would do you wont be able to do with a basic scan tool is see if you can read data and codes from the body control module. Does your gas gauge temp gauge keyless entry etc work?