DID I GET TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF??

2006 Honda Accord • 75,000 miles

Took my car to get new brakes (75K miles honda accord, owned since 20K miles). Charged me $400 but now parking brake doesn't work?

Catiegibsonlangston

Did they do the front or rear brakes?If rears where they disc?What did they replace?Also ebrake worked before repairs?

He replaced all brake pads, replaced rear disc and re-ground roters on front. Told me front discs would need to be replaced in 1-2 yrs. E-brake worked before this work was done. Now, when I pull the ebrake the car moves like no brake applied. This is a problem because I park on a hill!

Catiegibsonlangston
It is a possibility that they forgot to readjust the parking brake shoes after installing the rear rotors ( albiet a pretty big mistake it depends on the skill of the individial doing the work )

Evolve960
I went by yesterday and said, "Hey I think you forgot to finish the parking brake." He seemed embarrassed. Don't think I'll be going back there. But do you think the price was okay? It was about $200 for parts and $200 for labor.

Catiegibsonlangston
What is your zip code so I can look up what it would cost in your area.

90027

Catiegibsonlangston
That sounds about right just by looking up a few things at my work. There probably mid to lower end parts but they should work just, labor is on par but a tad pricey. But then again these days what isnt.

Evolve960
I really appreciate your help, evolve! I'll take it back to him on friday for ebrake adjustment.

Catiegibsonlangston
The handbrake should have been self adjusting. Probably they forgot to hook up the cables.

I have for your area 207-276 to turn the rotors and replace the front pads. To replace the rear rotors and pads 365-439.I would have him fix that ebrake.