ENGINE PERFORMANCE

2006 Ford Mondeo • 4 cylinder FWD Manual • 107 miles

Ford Mondeo 2lt tdci sluggish when cold and stalls under load also black smoke when egr valve kicks in when hot
Thornton

Black smoke indicates its running to rich-could be one of the following below

1. Excessive fuel pressure can be cause by restricted fuel return line
2. Defective Oxygen Sensors.
3. Leaking injectors and fuel pressure regulator.
4. Coolant temperature sensor out of calibration.
5. Restricted air intake system.

Hi Mates Thanks for your suggestions in regard to my mondeo 2lt black smoke. First with regard to the smoke situation I had removed the EGR valve for cleaning but did'nt replace the gaskets as the originals looked ok. Removed the EGR valve again and replaced the gaskets and checked the rubber hose from chiller for cracks and bad seal on jublee clip. Resecured all connections and replaced electrical plug. Took car out for test drive and black smoke disapeared when under load conditions when EGR valve operating correctly. With regard to stalling and hesitance when cold removed MAF sensor and cleaned with surgical spirit and cotton buds. Refitted and remade electrical connection. Took out for test drive and found performance much improved and up to Ford standard. Archie Thornton Glasgow Scotland.

Thornton
Thanks Mate, Replied to fault re. Black smoke and stalling. MAF sensor cleaned and refitted and car checked on run when cold. Found car performed well and up to Ford Standard. Sensor cleaned with surgical spirit and cotton buds. Archie Thornton. Thanks for all your help and suggestions.

Thornton
You're welcome