PONTIAC GRAND PRIX BRAKE PADS PROBLEM

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix • 131,000 miles

I have a 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP where the rear brake pads and rotors are only a little over a year old. Upon a routine check for a spony bake pedal, the test drive mechanic came back and informed me that the rear calipers had siezed up. Could this be the result of faulty pad and rotor installation or just normal wear and tear; which I would find hard to believe, but things happen. Also, there is no issue with the E-brake that I was informed of.
GP Chick

Just normal wear and tear. If there was an installation issue, it would have surfaced a year ago.

Thanks for confirming. What is a normal price range for repair, I have a quote that is somewhat more than I expected.

GP Chick
Calipers are about 90 per side, labor is 2 hours
brake flush is 75

Thank so much! My quote was calipers @ 155 each side, the rest comparable. I'll be shopping around for sure! Have a wonderful evening : )

GP Chick