HYUNDAI ATOS FUEL PUMP PROBLEM

2005 Hyundai Atos • 4 cylinder 2WD Automatic •

My Atos cuts out when hot. Sometimes while driving but mostly once you have switched off, she will not start again until she has cooled down
Johan Vos

Next time it refuses to start don't wait for it to make up its mind-do below immediately to determine if its fuel or spark problem

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if okay-check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing.

Thank you for the answer. All above was done, I have replaced the CAM Belt, The "actiator"? The 2 relays above the gearbox, the fuel pump and fuel filter, and a new computer is on order. My car is standing at a dealers workshop for 7 weeks, they cannot find the fault.

Johan Vos