CAR WON,T START

2005 Hyundai Atos

Even though the battery is full and all the lights come on it, s totally dead when I turn it over
the lights on the dash come on and theres one I have never seen before which is a symbole of a car in profile with a key inside which I take to represent the system is lockdown and immobilized even though I only use a ordinary key to open and lock the car it seams also to have stop the steering lock from functioning please help
David dailly

Yes, that is the security system indicator. If it is flashing, it means it has been triggerred. The key that you used has an embedded transponder chip inside it. This is different from the alarm system whereby it connects with the central locking system.

Thank you very much. The symbole does not appear to be flashing it just illuminated, are you able to advise on what I can do to restore the system

David dailly
If you have a spare key, try it. If not you would need appropriate scan tool to check if the immobilizer is faulty.