SERVICE CENTRE CHECKED THE COILS BUT NO JERKING IN THE RUNNING OF CAR, WHAT MIGHT BE THE PROBLEM?

2005 Honda City • 78,000 miles

Sir,
My car was giving jerks while running and I sent my car to the service centre, they said the A Coils in the Engine are not fine and need to be replaced, I got them checked with another mechanic he advised to get only the Spark Plugs changed, I did that and the car stopped jerking. I went to the service centre again to tell them that their advise was wrong, they checked the car again and again said that the the A Coils are still not fine and the spark circuit is short. Is this possible that the A Coils are not sending current to the engine still there are no jerks while running at lower or higher speeds.
Please advise as I am really confused at this moment, a fast answer would help me a lot as I dont want to get into any long-run problem with my engine.

Thanks a lot.
Mandy11783

If it's running fine and no CEL is on with misfire codes I would think things are ok at this time. I'm not sure what you mean by avoiding long term problems?

Fixitmr
Oh maybe I misunderstood. Long trip problem is what you meant? They always say, better safe than sorry? Costly little buggers arn't they. How many do they want to replace?

Fixitmr
Ok I checked on your yr/engine and what you have is a dual spark system which means 2 plugs/coils per cylinder. That's why the A rating to a coil as in A-B i'm assuming.

Fixitmr
Here's the explanation of you system design of 2 spark plugs. http://www.honda.co.nz/technology/engine/idsi/

Fixitmr
I have understood about the engine details and thanks for sending them. But the question remains the same place. What would happen if there is a Short Circuit in A Coils of the Engine, will it still work without any issues or bumps or will start showing some signs while running and what are the long-term issues with this problem.

Mandy11783
I'm not sure what they mean by short circuit? In the coil itself (all 4 A?)Or in the signal/circuitry? What was their recommendation for a fix?

Fixitmr
And apparently the car runs with either 2 sparks or 1 and it should not harm anything to do so. It's almost like having a built in backup. The reason they use 2 is for increased economy.

Fixitmr