ROUGH IDLE AT LOW RPM

2005 Ford Escape • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 69,000 miles

I have a 2005 Ford Escape, 69,000 miles. Recently, the engine seems to idle rather rough at low RPM's. Around 1000 or less RPM's, it idles rough and feels like it is going to stall. No check engine light comes on. I've replaced three spark plugs since I purchased the vehicle in 2007. Air filter is changed regularly. Oil is changed regularly, fuel filter has been replaced once since I've owned the vehicle. Any suggestions. Thanks!
RiseIn3

Xiac This may not be the answer, but you can EZily rule it out! This will sorta guide you to what you have to do, it is really EZ to do! My wifes' is on the top and has 2 bolts. Our Escape would idle low, then it got to point it would die when you stopped. Revving + holding brake was only way to keep it running. Took it to fellow R/C airplane pilot, he doubles as a S.C. State HWY DEPT mechanic.. When I got to his house, he was repairing a tractor. Told him my sob story. Escape was still barely running, I raised the hood. He said, (and I quote)."It could be the IDLE AIR CONTROL(IAC)", as he pointed to it, and emphasied it with a sharp rap using the wrench in his hand. It straightened right up, and ran darn good. That was a 15/16 Craftsman wrench, box end, kinda a medium rap. We removed and cleaned it, it may have gone on being Fine, for a lot longer. Since it was my wife's, I took no chances, with my Well-Being. YES, I visited parts store and replaced it, figgered it had 100,000 miles on it, and constantly was a moving part, replacement of this component, was just preventative maintenance in my eyes. Hope this helps. Hope I am dead on! Cleaning would be FREE, and at least Maybe eliminate this factor out of the equation. You can go on and replace it later, if you have the same feelings about it as I did. It is not really expensive. Please let me know how this goes, this is my hobby."The rest of the Story", is about all I get out of this. The Medic