FORD ESCAPE BODY PROBLEM

2005 Ford Escape • 73,000 miles

Every day when crank my suv. It goes to high idle. Usually after 30 minutes or so of running and driving it. It often goes go to almost normal. It runs great except for this issue. No one has a clue and some want to take advantage of me because of my age and being a female
Az2js

Well ...................here's something to try.......CHEAP AND EZ!

Gonna need a wrench or a socket and some "THROTTLE BODY CLEANER"

Now then, listen to my story it's sorta just opposite of your story

MY WIFES FORD ESCAPE HAD THE OPPOSITE ISSUE AS YOURS----THREW NO CODES!---

Her Escape would idle low, then it got to point it would die when you stopped. Revving + holding brake was only way to keep it running.

I Took it to fellow R/C airplane pilot,he doubles as a S.C. State HWY DEPT mechanic. ....................When I got to his house , he was repairing a tractor.i

I Told him my sob story.

The Escape was still barely running, I raised the hood............... He said,(and I quote)

.............."It could be the IDLE AIR CONTROL (IAC)", as he pointed to it, and emphasised it with a sharp rap using the wrench in his hand. It straightened right up, and ran darn good!!!

HE SAID IT COULD JUST BE CLEANED, SO WE DID!........it was working fine!

..............That was a 15/16 Craftsman wrench, box end, kinda a medium "smack" LOL!........but true!

.........YES, I visited parts store and replaced it anyway. This is my wife's rig and I take no chances with her. (Or the "Wrath of Margaret"), should she break down during my watch!

I FIGGERED THAT IT HAD BEEN ON HERE SINCE 2002-2003, IT WOULD NOT HURT TO HAVE A NEW ONE, MAYBE IT WAS NOT WORN OUT YET, EVEN IF THIS HAD NOT BEEN THE "FIX" (THAT"S HOW I JUSTIFY STUFF TO MYSELF, ANYWAY)

.......I just looked up a "IAC" for a 2005 Escape w/ a 3.0 Liter (as I do not know your engine size)
The Ford was right on top, 2 bolts, unplug the wires.........so EZ to remove.....or Replace!the only thing that will be hard, is if you accidentally drop the bolts!

YES, I KNEW SOMEONE WOULD WANT TO SEE HOW "DIFFICULT" THIS WAS, SO I TOOK A FEW PICS MYSELF!

SHOULD YOU FIGGER THIS IS YOUR PROBLEM (FROM THE CLEANING), BUT STILL WANNA REPLACE IT....THIS MAY HELP THE OLE POCKETBOOK..........GIRL! LOL!

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2001-dodge-neon-milage-just-want-put-fliuds-their-locations

THE ONE I GOT CAME FROM AUTOZONE, IT WAS FOR A "2003 ESCAPE W/ 3.0L".....BEFORE I KNEW ABOUT THE PROMO CODES

"A124" WAS WORKING YESTERDAY AT advanceautoparts.com this should save you $40, should you opt for it (or any other parts....just not oils).......that is if the store is in your area

Let me know if this helps.....ask any more questions, should you not understand

I try!

Your Turn

Here's the pics