CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY CLICK PROBLEM

2005 Chrysler Town and Country • 100,000 miles

In the past two weeks, my car has spells of not starting. I have checked the battery. It is good, even though when it won't start it goes clickclickclick. Took it to the repair shop after trouble lights started coming on in the dash and the engine started surging. He replaced a cable in the left passenger door and said that should solve my problems. Got it back Friday. Today, (Tuesday) the car again would not start. I have spent thousands on this car and it never seems to go a month without a major repair bill. What could be wrong now?

Is that multiple rapid clicks or one single rather loud clunk each time you turn the ignition switch to "crank"? If it's a single clunk, it has worn contacts inside the starter solenoid. Those can be replaced for less than $20.00 but most people just replace the entire starter. Many hardware stores and farm supply stores have the repair kits that have more parts than you need for any one starter.