FOR SOME REASON THE AUDIO ADJUST SYSTEM WILL NOT MOVE THE SPEAKERS BACK TO THE CENTER POINT, IT SEEM TO BE STUCK FAR LEFT SPEAKER AND REAR SPEAKER

2005 Cadillac STS • 46,600 miles

I adjusted the speaker to the left and to the rear and know I can't get
it back to center. The left and rear touch screen buttons are grayed out.
Qdg

The left and rear touch screen buttons are grayed out, probably because the maximum limits of left and rear have been achieved. Is the audio playing out of the left rear speakers only? You said you adjusted it to the left and rear, try adjusting it right, and forward.

Factoryjack
Yes the sounds only coming from the left rear. I have tried to
adjust back to the center and I have tried to adjust far right and fade to the front with no results. The right and foward buttons are highlighted.

Qdg
Are the icons indicating that you are pressing them, indicating that the touch screen is responding? You might be able to disconnect the battery, and may even do both cables and short them together. The return to power, might restore it to default center position. This doesn't explain why it is not functional, but will restore to normal condition. I will try and research the symptom, see if I can find some info.

Factoryjack
Is this the only symptom you have noticed? Is it locked on the audio adjustment screen? There is a bulletin concerning a navigation radio software upgrade. Of the several symptoms it addresses, one is 'navigation radio screen locks up'. Doesn't give any details on the exact nature of the problem, though.

Factoryjack