CADILLAC CTS FUEL RAIL PROBLEM

2005 Cadillac CTS • 85,000 miles

I need to replace number 2 fuel injector. I've never done this before. I'm pretty much mechanically inclined. So I've got everything off except the fuel rail. I don't know how to relieve the fuel pressure, take off the fuel rail, and don't know how to even replace a fuel injector. From my understanding, once you get to the fuel rail, you've got electrical wires going to each injector and then the fuel rail itself. I'm really lost as to get this done. Please help.

I've attached a pic this is a 2.8l but if you have a 3.6l it will be similar. You need a special tool to disconect fuel line and put a rag around it so the fuel wont' spray all over, remove the bolts and harness you may have to push thewire clip on each injector to get h arness off. Then pull up on rail and injectors will come out with it. They will have clips that hold the injecotr in and lube new injector with light grease as to not damage o-ring. Then reassemble.