WONT START, I HAVE DETECTED ERRORS+CODES

2005 Cadillac CTS • 82,250 miles

05 Cadillac CTS I would like an experts opinion on what may be the cause w/ the info I found so far. First off I want to say hello and thanks for any help in diagnosing my problem.

My car is 2005 CTS 2.8L w/manual transmission which had been dormant for about 2.5 years. When first returning to the car the battery was completely dead. I tried to recharge it and discovered it wouldn't hold a charge. Using this battery with the charge it could hold, after trying to start it a few times it finally made it though the starter relay and I could get the sloenoid to push resulting in the "Click, Click, Click", figured the battery just didn't have enough juice. I then replaced the battery and after installing the new battery the car does nothing when trying to start. The security light on the dash and a message "service security system" shows only after the key is in the ignition for 60 seconds.

When I insert the key and turn once the security light turns on for 5 sec. Then disappears, 60 sec. Later it turns back on and that's when the message appears on the DIC. The exact same sequence of events occurs when turning the key twice to the ON position. The "service security system" error was also present on the old battery.
I discovered the Accessory Relay in the underhood fusebox is clicking (not the same click described in my first post) and gets hot when trying to crank, the relay itself is not bad (resistance reading 80 ohms). I checked all other fuses and relays and found no faults. I did notice that the ECM housing including the grounds connected to it is covered in a white residue. Also, Looking in the underhood fusebox I noticed the wires in the Engine W/H Connector looked "messy", have you seen issues with single wires pulling slightly out of the connector?

DTCs:
U1000 (All computers throw the code)
C0244 (From ABS computer)
C0243 (From ABS Computer)

Problems Onstar diagnostic tech reported to me:
-Traction Control/Stabilitrack error (TC light always illuminated)
-ABS error
-Airbag error (Onstar's auto. Crash detect/notify system is unresponsive)
-Onstar system error (a little humor in hearing Onstar tell me that)
-ECM communication error
-Transmission error
-Security system detected
Petey20

Was this a flood car?

No, but the car was stored outside while I was overseas. Also, prior to leaving the exaust fell off. It cracked right behind the plate which bolts to the exaust manifold and I didn't have time to fix it before I left.

Petey20
I found another possible issue when cleaning the interior, under the drivers seat near the wires there was white & blue dust build up on the floor which appeared to be from corrosion. Also, under the wires I found a quarter which was covered in blue/white corrosion and a penny which was so corroded it crumbled like a cracker. This was the only place inside the car which showed any signs of corrosion, weathering or wear.

Petey20
I would get a shop to check this for you as a base line and decide from there if you can repair it or a shop will have to do it.

Thanks, I have it scheduled to visit a show to repair the exaust and inspect it. I also have recalls that need to be completed (one recall that as to do with the brake line, possibly the ABS/TC issue), do you think the dealer would attempt to do the recalls/diagnose any problems since the car wont start without any charges?

Petey20
Ok, I got it started by trying to crank the engine and letting the key return to the ON position, leaving the key in the ON position I reset the ECM connection by pulling the top connector slightly on and off about 8 times (each time the relays in the fuse box clicked) and then on the 8th time I hurd a click (Believe is the throttle body) along with a long loud beep (lasted for about 5 sec) and then without hesitation she started up perfectly. Do you have any idea what the 5 sec beep was or why it occurred?

Petey20