04 AIR CONDITIONING

2004 Jeep Liberty • 2WD Automatic • 110,000 miles

2004 Jeep Liberty air conditioning question. Compressor replaced last fall and ran cold. Compressor clutch not engaging now. Have used jump wire on low pressure switch and still didn't kick in. Applied separate 12 volt source to pigtail that sits on top of compressor and clutch engages that way. Engine compartment AC fuse is ok, Driver compartment AC fuse is ok. Why isn't the system delivering power to compressor clutch on its own?
Panther440

Check the AC relay-You sure it has the correct amount of freon

Wrench -you've taught me something here that I didn't know, sure appreicate-then again unable to view the diagram to give-shoot it in the dark-You have a great Happy Easter and take care buddy-Enjoy!

You lost me Ras. You can view my diagram?
I don't know what switch he tried to jump but this system doesn't have a cycling/low pressure switch.

Wrenchtech
About the fuel pump relay from fuse no.14, there's no pressure switch in plain view-You have a nice day, out to find the golden egg-see you later

It has a 3 wire, 5v reference pressure switch that gives the PCM exact pressures for it to make decisions. The A/C clutch relay is powered by the fuel pump relay.

Wrenchtech
The A/C clutch relay is powered by the fuel pump relay.

This where I lost you w/o the fuel pump relay-No AC-something new

Why would you need A/C if the car isn't running?

Wrenchtech