FUEL GAUGE ISSUES...

2004 Hyundai Tiburon • 109,000 miles

Today I drove to the store and my fuel gauge was reading that I had just under half a tank of gas, (which is correct because I put 25 bucks in two days ago). The store is only 2 minutes down the road. When I was leaving the store, I noticed that the gauge is now showing empty, and the low fuel light is on. I didn't see any gas on the ground under the car or anything. I haven't tried anything yet. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Ciprimm23

First, verify it by filling up the tank. Someone may have siphoned your feul

otherwise the sender unit may have failed

Thanks for the response. I thought about the siphoning part, but feel like it's a slim chance as I was in for a very short time. When I got home I did shut the car off and start it again, however it was showing the same. I will try to fill it up and see what happens. I'll let you know what I find.

Ciprimm23
It sounds like the sending unit may have gone bad or you could have a bad ground