OVER HEATING

2004 Honda Civic • 1.7L 4 cylinder 2WD Manual • 100,000 miles

04 Honda 1.7, had bad water pump rattle over heat. Replaced pump timeing belt. Put back togeather, cranked first turn over. Run hot, replaced thermostat. Still ran hot lower radiator was cold top hot. Tried to bleed system bottom hose got warm, not hot and could get not heat inside car. Heater on. Fan off. Car run great, runs up to normal on heat, race motor are drive it it gets really hot. Any help. Thanks
Tall paul uc

So how did you bleed the cooling system?Sounds like you have air in the system.

I tried several ways, I took the cap the cap off and fast idled idle the motor that didn't work. Then pulled the fan switch out as a bleeder and tried that. It snowed 12 hrs yesterday and is 5 % here today so I thought I would ask for advice before playing in water again. Any thing you tell me will help. Thanks

Tall paul uc
Saturn tech9, think I solved the overheating problem. I had to let it get cold and then bleed it just did that and got heat and so far no over heat. I had done this on 05 Nissan and just had to open cap and let air out, more air with water pump I guess. Thanks for answer back.

Tall paul uc
Glad to hear it usually the hondas have a bleeder screw up top you start the engine and crack open the bleeder and wait till you get a steady flow of coolant out of it.

Yeah satt9, I guess that would have been to easy I looked every place, no dice. Thanks again.

Tall paul uc
Your welcome anytime.