WHY WON'T MY ENGINE CRANK OVER AT ALL?

2003 Saturn L200 • 165,000 miles

My wife's dad came home from work the other day and parked his saturn L200 4 cylinder, front wheel drive. He came out the next morning and he turned the key and just the starter sounded like it was spinning. Ixchanged the starter for him and while iwas changing it I checked the flywheel and it was good. Turned the key and it just did the same thing sounded like the starter was just spinning. The engine would'nt turn over at all. The battery is good, it is getting gas. Any ideas of what it could be?
Carraba

If your not going to reply back when someone is taking the time to help you then why bother wasting everyones time and keep asking the same question?More then one person has tried helping you now and all you do is just keep asking the same question I dont get it. Your question requires you to answer back and for you to do some testing. If you cant do that then just have it towed to a shop and have them repair it.