I HAVE A 1.6 16V VVT HATCHBACK. I HAVE PROBLEM ON IDOL THE CAR STARTS AFTER 5 SEC IT STALLS TILL CAR IS WARM. ENGINE MANAGEMENT LIGHT CAME ON AND PUT IT ON COMPUTER IT SAID CAMSHAFT SENSOR HAD TDC SENSOR CHANGED AND CLEANED AIR INTAKE

2003 Renault Megane • 46,000 miles

I have a Renault Megane 2003 1.6 16v vvt hatchback. I have problem on idol The car starts after 5 sec it stalls till car is warm. Engine management light came on and put it on computer it said camshaft sensor had tdc sensor changed and cleaned air intake still has problem. When I rev up to 2000-3000 rpm the revs start to drop & stalls start car again rev counter starts bouncing up & down again the car runs fine when warm. Just on start up
Philip cassie

After replacing the TDC sensor, is the MIL stuill indicating and what trouble code are you getting if any?

No codes on obd2

Philip cassie
The obd said the camshaft senser was faulty so changed it and code cleared

Philip cassie
Erratic idling during start up and stalling indicates the idling system is not working correctly and one of the most common cause would be a stuck IAC valve.

Try cleaning the IAC and throttle body to see if it works.