STARTING PROBLEMS.. THINKIN ECU..

2003 Mitsubishi Galant

Hey. I Was Wonderin If You Could Probably Help Out. I Have An 03Galant. IDont Know Why. But It Wont Start. Has Full Battery. I Took It In A Shop They Told Me Its Probably An Ecu Problem. But They Dont Know For Sure. They Tried To Diagnose The ECu. But It Didnt Respond Back. Would You Know Why. Nd He Said He Looked At It. Said All The Wires Nd Neutrals Were Good. I Sent The Ecu Else Where. Same Problem Couldnt Fixx. The Cars Been Sitting Had A Fully Charged Battery Tried To Start Engine Tried To Roarr But Instead Died Again. Still Wont Start.

Any Advice.
Freez

You sure its not an anti-theft issue?

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if okay-check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs,coil's resistances,cap and rotor,distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing

If both fuel and spark is present-check the valve and ignition timing, this will lead you to problems

with compression and valves opening and closing at the wrong time/broken or jumped timing

belt/chain.