CHECK ENGINE LIGHT

2003 Hyundai Tiburon • 110,000 miles

Hi,

I have been fighting this problem for a month or so. I swapped my fried tib motor with a newer Sonota motor and now I cannot get the check engine light to turn off.

First, I had a p0031 code for the O2 sensor bank1. The car ran very good though. It turns out that I had the signal wire connected wrong for the O2 sensor. Once this was fixed, the car runs very bad now.

With the o2 sensor connected correctly, I have very poor acceleration until around 3k rpms where the car will pick up nicely. It idles roughly around 500 rpms. There are 6 codes now: p1166, p300, p301, p303, p305, p174.

If I disconnect the o2 sensor, the car will run fine and of course throw the p0031 code. I have cleaned the MAF sensor and replaced the PCV valve. If I spray starting fluid around the air intake and manifold, there is no idle acceleration.

At this point, I do not know what else to check.

Thanks,

Shawn
Bosz007

Is the oxygen sensor OEM part? If so check wiring back to the computer

No. The one in there now is after market. I replaced the OEM sensor thinking that was the issue. The behavior was identical with both the OEM and after market sensors.

I got the wiring color code from the dealership last week, so I am confident it is connected correctly. And all the voltages seem correct.

Bosz007
P0174 Lean fuel condition could be caused by one of the following below: 1. Vacuum leaks

2. EGR and PCV valve.

3. Low fuel pressure.

4. Dirty fuel injectors.

5. Mass Air Flow Sensor.

6. Oxygen Sensor.