INTERMITTENT PROBLEM WITH STARTING WHEN WARM.

2003 Hyundai Starex • 80,000 miles

Our Hyundai Starex, (actually Jac Refine, it was bought in Beijing) has been having trouble since summer 2008 with occasionally not starting when warm. It needs to be driven for a bit, then try to start it within about 30 min. Of stopping. In the past it only did this in summer, but I've had trouble several times this winter. I don't speak Chinese so I haven't been handling the repairs--I know several things have been tried and seem to make a difference for awhile, but then it begins again. I'm getting tired of being told to just take my chances, nothing can be done. At a minimum, I would like info if this is likely to ever leave me completely stranded--neither 25 degrees or 95 degrees would be fun to get stuck.
Kliu

Check fuel pressure when the problem is occurring. It sounds like it may be either vapor lock or a weak fuel pump.

Rivermikerat